Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cold weather sucks

This is for two people who will remain nameless who have complained that it's been awhile since I've last blogged! So Amy, Val, this is for you! HA!

So it has been awhile but for very good reasons, one of them being lack of motivation! If it isn't there it ain't happening! Not that I didn't have anything to blog about, I've had plenty to blog about! Let's see, Keith Urban concert, Easter, my almost certainty that winter is going to last FOREVER, the newest blogs I've found that I read daily, my adventure of starting to slowly remodel the front room, dining room and our kitchen! You see, plenty of material but just lack of the urge to type it all out. I'm convinced it has to do with that before mentioned blog material of winter lasting forever! Call it what you want, lack of Vitamin D, seasonal depression, whatever but this butt is content to sit and not do a darn thing and it definitely shows! But to appease the massess I have decided to update at least weekly, just don't hold me to it!

So this last weekend was a doozey! We packed up the Burns Brood and headed up to Lawrence KS! My cousin Andy is leaving for Kuwait/Iraq soon and they were having a going away party for him. I'm personally not one to miss a party(if I can help it) that the Frye family throws so off we went! The kids were excited to see Andy, but mostly to go swimming at the hotel! You would think we never take them anywhere they way the act when they know we are staying at a hotel with a pool! Geesh! Anyways, I think they had a good time and so did Bobby, ok maybe not, he willingly stayed at the hotel with our kids plus Caden and took them all swimming so the rest of us could attend the party at the Jet Lag. We owe Bobby big time! What a guy!

The next day everyone was moving a bit slow! I really don't need to post those details, mainly to protect the drunk! But Angela, I'm pulling out the Big sister card! Hehe! So we said our goodbyes and apologies(I hope it rained for ya Val!) and headed up to KC for a afternoon of shopping!

Like I mentioned before we are remodeling and we need some new furniture! So the fools that we are headed up to the Legends Mall in KC. It has a Nebraska Furniture Mart and that was our destination! We have been to that mall plenty of times but have never ventured into the Furniture mart, mainly in fear of never finding our way out! It was a Sunday afternoon and that place was packed! So we decided, much to the kids exctiement, to stay the night in KC and try going to NFM in the morning. Plus we were dog tired, KU was playing in a few hours and the thought of not having to drive back to Wichita that night was sounding better and better! So we found a hotel(with a pool!) ordered take out and snuggled into our room and watched some hoops! Talk about a nail biter! After the exciting game we headed down to the pool. We had it all to ourselves and let the kids wear themselves out! Kids always sleep so much better after swimmimg!
The next day we headed out to NFM! No matter what people tell you, it cannot prepare you properly for the size of this place! I always thought bass pro or cabella's was big! You could fit at least three of those into this place! It was almost impossible to focus! I feel sorry for those who have ADD and walk into NFM! Anyways, I must have been able to focus for a brief second because we left with our wallet a little lighter. Our furniture will be arriving in exactly one month! That gives me enough time to paint, pull carpet and redo floors! I hope!

Here are some pics from this weekend!



Andy and the kids


Tim, Andy, Bobby, TJ and Tony

Andy and Jenny with the cake she made him

Me, Jenny, Kami and Angela

Mallory and Geoff

Amy and I

Jeremy, Andy and Kami

Andy and I

The cousins showing Rick how to do the "SHOCKER!"


Syd and Hayley

Cody and Payton

Relaxing in the hot tub

No comments: